Chaconne from Partita No.2 for violin – BWV 1004 by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Free PDF Sheet Music arranged for classical guitar. Level: Advanced. Source: Creative common license (CC BY-NC 4.0) from Eythor Thorlaksson of the Classical Guitar School. It was likely arranged on lute- harpsichord (lautenwerk), an uncommon instrument, and so it became popularly known as a Lute Suite.
Free Sheet Music PDF
- Chaconne from Partita No.2 for violin – BWV 1004 by Bach (Free PDF) – Free Notation, Advanced
- Partita II original for violin – BWV 1004 by Bach
Premium Tablature (of various pieces)
- Bach: Prelude in E Major, Lute Suite BWV1006a (PDF)
- Prelude from Cello Suite No. 1 BWV 1007 for Guitar (PDF)
- Classical Guitar of Bach (various works)
- Bach for Guitar -Masters in TAB (lighter, easier works)
Premium – Also Recommended
- The Solo Lute Works of Johann Sebastian Bach for Guitar – The best notation edition out there. Publisher’s blurb: This collection edited by Frank Koonce features transcriptions of the complete solo lute works by J. S. Bach in a modern guitar notation. This revised second edition provides a thoughtful combination of scholarship and practical performance solutions. It includes not only historical data, articles discussing aspects of baroque performance, and facsimiles of the original manuscripts, but also authoritative fingerings, interpretative remarks, and convenient foldout pages. This collection is an essential learning tool for guitar students, and a wonderful addition to any professional guitar’s repertoire.
Performance Video Link – Might not match the sheet music exactly but gives a close idea and some nice listening.
A Lesson on How to Learn New Pieces on Guitar