Classical & Fingerstyle Guitar Gear & Accessories. Most links go to Amazon or other trusted places you can purchase gear. None of this is paid placement, I just post stuff I like. I’m always curious: If your products aren’t listed here I’m always interested in trying out new ones. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended Student Guitars
- Cordoba Guitars – I highly recommend these Cordoba Guitars at the price point you can afford. The C5 is pretty good, I recommend starting with the C7 if you can, but the C12 is great. Do what you can!
- Cordoba Parlor Guitars – for those with small hands and bodies.
- Cordoba Smaller Sizes – for even smaller sizes, kids, or for travel or fun
- Cordoba C10 – I own one for teaching, occasional videos, messing around, amazing instrument for students. It’s great.
Recommended Guitar Supports & Footstools
- ErgoPlay Guitar Support – Used by millions. The Troster model is popular but I prefer the Tappert.
- Gitano Guitar Support – Small, compact, I use it.
- Footstools – Lots to choose from, essential if you don’t use another support.
- Wooden Footstool – Oooo, classy.
Recommended Accessories (Tuners & Metronomes, etc)
- D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner – My favorite tuner.
- Planet Waves Classical Guitar Capo – My favorite capo.
- D’Addario Guitar Humidifier – Simple but could come loose.
- Seiko Quartz Metronome – My favorite metronome, simple, nice sounding ‘tock’.
- Healthy Hoof Nail Care – Condition and strengthen your nails.
Recommended Classical Guitar Strings
- D’Addario Pro Arte – Quality nylon strings, affordable, a standard for students.
- D’Addario Half Set – Hybrid Carbon G – I use these, bit more clear, these are only trebles.
- D’Addario Half Set – Normal Tension Basses – I use these along with the above trebles.
- D’Addario Titanium – Bit more clear than pure nylon.
- D’Addario Carbon Strings – These are great for ensemble playing or increasing volume and clarity.
- Savarez New Cristal – All nylon or with Alliance (carbon) G – recommended.
- Savarez Corum Alliance – All carbon. Increased brightness and projection.
Recommended Recording Gear for Guitar
- Zoom H1 – Audio Recorder – Affordable, basic, small, two mics, amazing price and quality.
- Zoom H2 Recorder – Small upgrade from the H1.
- Zoom H4 Recorder – A classic, semi-pro but still small, use the built in or external mics.
- Zoom H6 Recorder – Awesome, record out of the box or use up to 4 pro mics with xlr and phantom power. So portable, so good.
- Zoom F4 or F8 – The best Zoom offers but still reasonably priced.
- Audio-Technica AT4040 mics – I own two and record in as a stereo pair.