A Lesson on How to Learn New Pieces on Classical Guitar or Fingerstyle Guitar (sometimes called fingerpicking). This is also a lesson on how to practice guitar works in general.
- Feel the Time Signature and Rhythm
- Familiarize yourself with the Key Signature
- Play the Melody on it Own (and other voices/lines) and add dynamic shaping and phrasing
- Map out the Postions and Shifts (Fretboard Areas)
- Learn any difficult chord shapes
- Isolate any other technical difficulties
- Practice very slowly (sometimes with a metronome)